<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\07525139444\46blogName\75Mahlers+on+Safari\46publishMode\75PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\46navbarType\75BLUE\46layoutType\75CLASSIC\46searchRoot\75http://mahlersonsafari.blogspot.com/search\46blogLocale\75en_US\46v\0752\46homepageUrl\75http://mahlersonsafari.blogspot.com/\46vt\0757810559692411398890', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Unclogging the Drain

Yes it has been almost a year since I last posted in this blog.

I’ve been blocked.

I’m not really sure why, either.

I’ve blamed it on Facebook. But that would be unfair to Facebook and a cop-out for me.

I’ve blamed it on the fact that I’ve now been in Tanzania for four and a half years and I think I may have already said all that needs to be said about expat living that you’d find interesting. But that isn’t really true and says more about my lack of creativity than the absence of interesting Tanzania-life tidbits.

I’ve blamed it on my last post which was a tour de force rant about fat discrimination (and as proven by the recent uproar over the Marie Claire fat-phobic blogger incident a very current issue) only to decide about a month later that I was finally ready for weight loss surgery. But that would imply that I am embarrassed about my decision and I am absolutely not; or that I don't still support the views I presented, which I do.

So just to get things unblocked I am writing this post. The purpose of the post is to open myself back up to writing - which I have missed during my unintentional sabbatical.

So here I am. Karibu (again) to Mahlers on Safari.

P.S. It would help me if you would let me know if there is anything in particular you’d like to hear about. I will try to oblige.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mothering Mini said...

I am glad you're posting! I like to hear how the kids are doing...you can always start with that! :)

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Hally, look what great things being on vacation fosters, I finally read your blog. Sometimes working together makes one oblivious to how fantastic the other person is, your blog reminds me of what a thoughtful, funny, interesting person you are. Let's hope life doesn't get too crazy come Monday (back in the office - ack!)so I can keep reading... Marya

6:25 AM  
Blogger sapan said...

Love your spirit and your blog. They tried Marxism in Tz already which is partly why it looks like it does now.Horrible child mortality from malaria. They deserve better.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home